Your memory foam pillow has served you well for months, maybe even years, but it's starting to look a little dirty. Have no fear, though, cleaning your memory foam pillow is easy! Though you can't toss your Visco elastic foam pillow into the washing machine as you can with other types of pillows, you can clean it at home in a few steps. Here's how to do it:
1. Begin by using the upholstery attachment of your vacuum cleaner to clean any surface dirt off of your pillow. Vacuum both sides and the edges of the pillow, if possible.
2. In a spray bottle, mix 1 part fabric cleaner and 2 parts water. Shake the bottle to mix your ingredients.
3. Spray the entire pillow with a light mist of cleaner. Do not saturate, as memory foam pillows can grow mold if the water gets too deeply into the material. Let the mixture sit on your pillow for 30 minutes.
4. When your 30 minutes is up, use a towel to get the excess water out.
5. Apply another misting of cleaner. This time, blot the memory foam immediately. If your stains are removed, move to step 6. If not, repeat, focusing on dirty areas, until you are sure that your pillow is clean.
6. Dump the cleaner and fill your spray bottle with water. Rinse the pillow and blot with a second (clean) towel. Repeat as necessary until dirt is removed and you are sure that all cleaning chemicals have been removed from your pillow.
7. Wring the pillow out to ensure that there is no water in it. You may want to enlist a helper for this step.
8. Using the lowest temperature setting on your hair dryer, dry out any water that may remain in your pillow. Be careful not to get too close to the foam or use a hot setting, as you could melt the foam.
To minimize the amount of cleanings necessary over the life of your memory foam pillow, consider investing in a pillow protector.
Head on over to SleepJoy for all of your memory foam needs, from protective covers to new memory foam pillows and mattress toppers.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Jacob_Welsh